next week’s menu plan #3, shopping list included!
Here’s the deal:
- Maybe it’s raining.
- Maybe three-quarters of your household has been sick this week.
- Maybe your house is a total disaster.
- Maybe you haven’t had a spare moment to give one thought to what you’re making this week, let alone a list of items you’ll need from the store.
- Maybe you’ll pick up an extra bottle of red at said trip to the store. Maybe that will be a definitely. Yes indeed.
- Maybe you (and most definitely I) need next week’s menu and shopping list.
Have a great (and germ-free) week!!
Dinner #1: Chicken, Goat Cheese and Apple Salad with Toasted Walnuts and a Crusty Baguette ($7.18+estimated $2.00 for crusty bread)
Dinner #3: Sausage, Tomato and Spinach Risotto ($6.51 for the risotto…you may want an extra veggie or salad but it’s quite filling as is)
Dinner #4: Chicken, Spinach and Basil Roulades with a Dijon Sauce and Sauteed Zucchini with Honey Basil Vinaigrette ($5.33 for the chicken+$1.92 for the zucchini)
Dinner #5: Italian Sausage and Peppers on Asiago Polenta and a Simple Side Salad ($8.17 for the sausage and polenta+estimated $2.00 for the salad))
Dinner #6: Curried Chicken and Zucchini with Couscous ($7.13 for the chicken and couscous…you might like a salad with this but we usually just eat as is since there’s so much in there)
Total for 6 nights of dinners: $50.43! That’s about $2 per person.
Shopping List (items you likely don’t already have in your pantry):
11 chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each for 66 ounces or between 4 and 5 pounds)
1 pound ground turkey or chicken
1 3/4 pound italian sausage (I go for the chicken sausage at Sprouts)
2 heads lettuce
1 granny smith apple
3 pounds broccoli
1 head garlic
2 bunches spinach
1 teaspoon rosemary (fresh is best but dried is ok)
1 bell pepper
2 teaspoons chives or green onions
1/4 cup basil
1 red onion
1 bunch cilantro
4 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 cup red wine
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cup arborio rice
1 cup whole wheat couscous
3 slices sandwich bread
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup walnuts
2 ounces goat cheese
9 ounces asiago cheese
3 cups milk
1 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt