wine friday: bonterra organic rose, for less than $5.
Some things are worth the risk to try:
1. Skydiving, the perfect 30th birthday risk as far as I’m concerned.
2. Making from-scratch cinnamon rolls, yeast and all, for the best and gooiest risk ever.
3. Becoming a pet owner, for all that sweet lovin’ you’ll get back from risking on dear Fido.
4. Sashimi, because who cares about the risk of food borne illness? Sashimi is SO worth it.
5. Springing for the bargain $2.99 price tag on this summer sipping sensation.
For your consideration: Bonterra Organic* Rose
Bonterra explains their 2009 Organic Rose is “dry, crisp, refreshing with a beautiful color. The grapes (Zinfandel, Sangiovese, Grenache and Carignane) are from Mendocino County. Chilled a bit, the wine reveals aromas and flavors of strawberry, tart cherry, raspberries, watermelon, and spice with a wonderful dry, lingering finish.”
Now I’m not saying this is a totally mind-blowing wine but it has won several awards and, compared to other wine shops, is amazingly priced. For some easy summer sipping, grab a bottle or two and enjoy!
$2.99 at Trader Joes (compared with $13.99 at other stores).
*An updated note: a reader kindly pointed out that this wine isn’t USDA certified, but is just made from organic grapes. Just a little FYI…my apologies for any confusion!